AAA is offering a convenient way for travelers to avoid long TSA checkpoint lines through a series of AAA TSA Pre✓® Enrollment Events
Local AAA locations hold weeklong TSA Pre✓® Enrollment Events for community members
As air travel numbers recover to pre-pandemic levels, AAA is offering a convenient way for travelers to avoid long TSA checkpoint lines through a series of AAA TSA Pre✓® Enrollment Events held at AAA locations throughout Ohio.
Upcoming local events include:
- Worthington AAA, 90 E. Wilson Bridge Road, Aug. 16-20, 2021
- Akron AAA, 100 Rosa Parks Dr., Akron, Aug. 16-20, 2021
- Reynoldsburg AAA, 6971 E. Broad St., Columbus, Aug. 23-28, 2021
- Canton AAA, 4895 Portage St. NW, North Canton, Aug. 23-27, 2021
- Lima AAA, 2115 Allentown Rd., Lima, Aug. 30 – Sept. 3, 2021
- Hamilton AAA, 2870 Menards Blvd., Suite 2, Hamilton, Sept. 20-24, 2021
During each event, appointments will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day with an hour break between noon and 1 p.m. for lunch.
About TSA PreCheck:
TSA PreCheck is an expedited screening program that enables identified low-risk air travelers to enjoy a smart and efficient screening experience. TSA Pre✓® benefits are available through participating airlines at more than 200 U.S. airports.
Enrolled members get the most convenient experience with the least amount of physical contact in screening: no need for screening bins, shoes/belts stay on, and laptops/liquids/food remain in the carry-on luggage. It’s also a great option for families, as children under 12 can join parents/guardians with TSA Pre✓® in the dedicated screening lanes.
The TSA Pre✓® screening credential lasts for five years and costs $85. Enrolling is quick and easy: a short five-minute online application followed by a 10-minute in-person appointment. Once approved, travelers will receive a “Known Traveler Number,” which needs to be added to a traveler’s airline profile and reservations in order to take advantage of the TSA Pre✓® benefits at security checkpoints.
How to Participate:
Those interested in enrolling at upcoming AAA TSA Pre✓® Enrollment Events are asked to register by visiting https://www.identogo.com/precheck and following these steps:
- Click “Start Application Now,” then click “New Enrollment”
- Fill out steps and choose “Next” at the bottom of each screen
- Type in your zip code at Zipcode/City/Airport Code box – search
- Choose your desired location and click “Next”
- Select your desired appointment time (Please be sure to make note of your appointment time, as no reminders will be sent out)
To complete the application process, you will need to bring documentation proving identity and citizenship status.
AAA provides more than 62 million members with travel-, insurance-, financial- and automotive-related services. Since its founding in 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. AAA clubs can be visited online at AAA.com.
Kimberly Schwind | Senior Manager, Public Affairs | AAA Ohio Auto Club
P: 614.431.7896 | P: 888.222.6446 x. 7896 | M: 216.849.3500