From visiting family to shopping trips, chances are you’ll be on the road more during the winter driving season. Whether it’s a blizzard, potholes or ice, winter roads can be in poor condition, leading to accidents for even the most responsible drivers.
To help keep you prepared during the colder months, here are five items to keep in your car to give you peace of mind while driving.
- Flashlight: If you’ll be traveling or shopping after work, it may already be dark out. If a breakdown occurs, you’ll want a flashlight to help you find the items you need.
- Portable charger: A portable charger can help make sure you have access to call AAA or use the AAA Mobile App to contact emergency roadside assistance, plus inform your family of where you are.
- Blankets and gloves: Extra blankets in the winter are always a good idea, especially while waiting for help to arrive. If you have to scrape ice or dig out a tire, you’ll want something to keep your hands warm, too.
- Road flares: These not only alert other drivers to look out for you, but can remind them to be extra careful on a potentially hazardous patch of road.
- Emergency kit: Choose one that includes basic first aid supplies in case of a minor injury.
Now is the time to make sure your car is ready for winter driving. Visit AAA.com to schedule an inspection at one of our Car Care Plus or Approved Auto Repair facilities.