What you need to know to make your dream a reality
Always dreamed of owning a bakery? Or maybe you’d like to start a computer repair business. Working for yourself can be exciting and fulfilling, but it also requires lots of preparation, all you bake a single muffin or repair one faulty hard drive. Commercial insurance might not be the most exciting part of starting a business, but it’s an important one.
Custom coverage from AAA
Fortunately, AAA can custom-build a commercial insurance plan to fit your business. Our flexible commercial property and liability options provide the peace of mind you need to focus on your success, whether your business is in the office, retail, wholesale or service industry. We also offer an all-inclusive umbrella policy for an additional layer of protection.
Most policies automatically include employment practice liability coverage to cover a wide range of employer/employee-related risks. Available coverages include:
- Professional liability – Insurance protection against claims of negligence or malpractice for some classes.
- Accounts receivable – Provides insurance against losses caused by damage to your records, which may prevent the collection of funds owed to you.
- Employee dishonesty – Available in amounts from $10,000 to $250,000 to help protect you from the dishonest acts of employees.
- Electronic data processing equipment – A base level of coverage is built into the policy. You can also schedule high-value items separately.
- Business income loss protection – Insurance protection against loss of income for up to 12 months that pays the full cost of necessary extra expenses to help you stay in business.
- Seasonal coverage increases – Increases your personal property limit during peak periods by 50 percent. Your limit must be at least 90 percent of your average annual contents value.
- Inventory coverage – Insurance protection that’s geared toward your volume of inventory as well as its frequency of turnover.
- Valuable papers – Insurance for the cost to restore information from documents such as medical or legal records, deeds or abstracts.
Businesses we can cover
Our licensed agents can design a commercial insurance plan that fits your needs, whatever type of business you own, such as:
- Trade contractors
Your AAA agent can discuss the commercial insurance coverage you need to protect your hard work and grow your business. To learn more, call 888-222-6446 or visit AAA.com today, and start on what may be your most enjoyable challenge yet.