Between shipping holiday packages, planning the family trip and baking cookies, the holidays can be anything but happy. Fortunately, our shipping tips and The UPS Store® can help keep the holidays happy and hassle-free. Rely on certified packing experts at The UPS Store to pack and ship your gifts right.
Participating locations offer The UPS Store Pack & Ship Guarantee®, which reimburses customers the cost of packaging materials and service, as well as shipping costs in the event a center-packed item shipped via UPS is lost or damaged*.
Follow these shipping tips for a less-stressed holiday:
- Ship early. Procrastination may lead to longer lines. Also, planning provides you more shipping options.
- Check with The UPS Store experts before shipping fragile items (or items that might be considered hazardous or illegal to ship).
- Use materials the professionals use, like a new cardboard box designed for shipping, professional-grade packaging tape, and packaging material like foam packaging peanuts or bubble cushioning to protect your gifts.
- Include a label inside the package with the destination AND return addresses.
- Use a shipping option that provides a package tracking number. You’ll be able to see where your package is as well as an estimated arrival date.
- Take batteries out of toys, electronics, etc., before shipping and wrap them separately to avoid contact with metal.
- Seal homemade holiday treats in an interior airtight container or plastic bag before packing them to prevent crumbling.
- Ship wrapped presents ahead to your destination, especially if traveling by air.
Save on shipping boxes and other supplies at more than 4,400 retail The UPS Store locations simply by showing your membership card. AAA members receive 15 percent off the full retail price of eligible services and products like printed holiday newsletters while saving 5 percent on domestic and international UPS shipping.
*Subject to certain restrictions and limitations. Details are available at www.theupsstore.com.