Congratulations! You have made it to the in-person interview phase of the interviewing process! Now what? Well… let’s start with what to wear! Although this may seem like a silly thing to think about beforehand, it is essential to not only impressing the interview panel, but making you feel at the top of your game! Studies have shown that dressing up and putting on your best outfit helps to bring out the best version of yourself. So let recruiters help you! It is part of their job to make sure that you feel as comfortable as possible before you even walk through the doors for your interview.
Below are some tips for what to wear during an interview and why.
Business Casual Attire for Women:
- Dress slacks, skirt, blouse, sweater, jacket, close-toed shoes, and hosiery if wearing a skirt. Skirts should not be too short, knee-length or longer.
- A dress is also an option as long as it fits to your form and has a professional flare to it. Try to avoid busy patterns and neon colors.
Business Casual Attire for Men:
- Khaki, cotton or dress pants. Make sure they are not wrinkled or stained.
- Long sleeve, button-down shirt. Again, try to make sure it is not wrinkled or stained.
- Dress shoes, belt and a tie if you prefer.
- Make sure to have shirt buttoned up to a professional level.
Dressing up for an interview makes all the difference. When you dress up for an interview it shows the company that you have put an effort in. From the perspective of most employers, if you don’t put an effort into even the littlest part of the interview process, attire, will you really put in the effort to succeed in the role? The person who wears the suit and tie will make a better impression than someone in a sweatshirt. Remember, confidence is key so wear something that makes you feel the most confident! And most importantly, wear a smile.
Considering a AAA membership? Learn more about our membership benefits.
Rachel Hawkins is a Recruiter for AAA Ohio Auto Club.