AAA Honeymoon Travel Specialists are detail-oriented, creative and, above all, passionate about travel planning. Their enthusiasm for travel, matched with AAA’s specialist program and global connections to travel partners, creates the perfect booking experience for couples planning their wedding and honeymoon.
Zanesville AAA Honeymoon Travel Specialist, Lucy McCallister, started her professional Travel Agent career back in 1986. Since then, she has always begun the travel planning process by asking a simple question: “What kind of experience do you want to have?” She believes having this insight helps her deliver exactly what the newlyweds want for their honeymoon – and a travel agent’s number one job has always been to listen to their clients.
Honeymooners tend to look for four different types of travel:
- Private Escape
It is important to understand what kind of experience each couple is seeking. Tailoring the honeymoon to their specific desires is just one way to ensure a memorable experience.
Make the Occasion Special
Lucy likes to encourage her clients to indulge in the experience! She believes the sky is the limit when planning a dream honeymoon. This is the time to consider a room upgrade to a suite or oceanfront, or flying first class. She blends her expertise with the clients’ wishes and budget to create the perfect escape.
Why Use a Travel Agent for Your Honeymoon
Planning a honeymoon can be stressful, especially if you are new to traveling. How do you know where to go if you haven’t traveled much? Lucy and other AAA Travel agents provide their expertise and travel resources for a simple booking experience that makes travel seamless. She works on the tiniest of details when planning a honeymoon vacation, including:
- Arranging excursions
- Processing payments
- Setting up trip insurance
- Ordering foreign currency
- Even taking passport pictures
Her knowledge of the travel industry and previous experience working with many brides and grooms make her your go-to honeymoon planner. She stays up to date on promotions and specials; is always there to provide expert advice and support before, during, and after your trip; and handles all the details so you can relax and enjoy the special moments you want to create. She can also register you in the AAA Honeymoon Registry so you can invite guests to come along for the ride.
“Every part of every honeymoon I arrange is coordinated to perfection, with the best interest and value in mind,” states McCallister.
Lucy’s favorite properties for honeymoons
- Secrets Maroma Beach – Adults Only Resort in Riviera Maya, Cancun. Situated on a very secluded, pristine beach in Mexico. It also has many private nooks throughout the grounds. You can experience pampering at this adults-only paradise.
- Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It is on an uncrowded white-sanded beach. Thanks to the difficult-to-reach location and a lack of kid-friendly amenities, it makes a perfect honeymoon location.
- The Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Resort in Santa Fe, New Mexico, offers adventure and a domestic honeymoon option! It boasts hiking opportunities, mountain biking, rafting, and even spa treatments. It is an intimate resort with only 65 rooms set on a sprawling 57 acres.
“Your honeymoon isn’t just any vacation. It’s the ultimate vacation—one filled with romance, adventure, relaxation, and seamless arrangements.”